This was our old headboard. It was time to get rid of those sea shells.
You may be wondering while I am showing you a closet door that I found as someone's trash. This is going to be our new headboard.
The first thing I did was remove all the hardware. Then I cut it down to size for a queen bed leaving about 3 inches on each side to hang out. I used a 1 x 6 x 8 for the top ledge and some old crown molding as a decorative trim.
This photo shows eveything attached. After that I sanded, primed and painted it white. I then sanded it again to give it a distressed look. Below is the finished product.