Friday, June 10, 2011

Entry Way Addition, Flea Market Etiquette


We recently went to a flea market in Williams Grove, Pa. As soon as we walked in, Carolyn instantly fell in love with these vintage Pennsylvania license plates.

While Carolyn chased around the kids, I shuffled through the pile. The guy behind me started yelling in Spanish; it doesn't occur to me that he's yelling at ME until Carolyn clues me in. Apparently he didn't like the way I was handing his plates. Of course when I asked him "how much?" he replied "$25 a plate, $175 for the group." So we moved on.

An hour later, as we're leaving the flea market, Carolyn asked to try one more time with the guy for the plates. I agreed because I really liked them too. I decided to stay out of view in case this guy held a grudge. So of course Carolyn swoops in and works her charm. She gets 7 license plates for $25. The man told her a story about this guy who wanted the signs earlier, but he didn't like his attitude so he charged him $25 a plate.

I guess my lesson is to send in the bride to do the negatitions. Anyway, we have them up in our side entry way now and I think it adds a nice touch to an otherwise boring wall. Take a look.


Beyond The Picket Fence

No comments:

Post a Comment